Q: How long does the rental last?
A: You set the amount of time at the time of rental, up to 20 days.
Q: When do I have to return the moCo™?
A: It is due back at the hotel desk within an hour after your check out time at the hotel on the day that your rental expires.
Q: What happens if I'm late returning the moCo™?
A: Your credit card will be charged for any extension on the rental period.
Q: What happens if I want to extend my rental period after I have the moCo™?
A: Return the iPad to the front desk to add a new rental to your account.
Q: How do I send email from the moCo™?
A: Email functionality is restricted to avoid storing any confidential information. You can access your email through any web-based email platform that you would access through a web browser, but the iPad's native Mail app will not send mail.
Q: What happens if I damage the moCo™, the case, or the charger?
A: If you damage the case or the charger beyond repair, you will be charged the full price for the replacement cost of the charger and case.
Q: What happens if I lose the moCo™?
A: The guest will be charged the full price of the moCo™.
Q: What are the charges for lost equipment?
a. iPad Charger: $40.00
b. iPad Case: $100
c. iPad $899
Q: Will I be charged for minor damage to the unit?
A: Light damage is generally not cause for extra charge, but any willful or neglectful treatment of the moCo™ that renders it unusable for future rentals, at the sole discretion of Ionescu Technologies, will result in assessment of fees.
Q: When I launch a game, it asks me to start an account. What should I do?
A: You can tap cancel. None of the games on the moCo™ require you to create or use an existing account. Please remember that if you do choose to start an account, you may be leaving behind personal data that is accessible to future moCo™ users.
Hotel Staff FAQ
Q: What do I do if a guest wants to rent a moCo™?
A: Get a hotel rep who is authorized to handle the rental process so that they can provide a unit to the guest.
Q: What should a guest receive when he/she rents a moCo™?
A: Each guest should receive the following:
- the iPad in its protective case
- a black Griffin model iPad charger
Q: What do I do when a guest returns a moCo™?
A: Get an authorized hotel rep to check the moCo™ back in and store it back into the security cart.
Q: What if a guest checks out and does not return his/her moCo™?
A: Please advise the guest that they need to return the unit ASAP and that they will be charged additional rental fees for each day it is not checked back in.
Q: What if a guest's credit card is not accepted?
A: Please ask them for an additional credit card or they cannot rent a unit out.
Q: What of a guest comes to me with a problem on his/her moCo™?
A: You can refer them to the help bookmark in the web browser on the moCo™, or you can have them email support at email@example.com or call us at 410-929-4993
Q: Why is the guest's credit card declined?
A: The credit card could be declined for a number of reasons. It could be an expired card, or it might not have enough available credit to rent the unit out. There card must have enough available funds for the rental fee in addition to a $500 pre-authorization fee as insurance
Guest Amenities on the moCo™
Q: What guest amenities are available on the moCo™?
a. Free access to paid news apps like New York times, US World Reports, Wall Street Journal, and a number of other news sources
b. 3G internet access so guests can take the iPad with them. It utilizes a 3G cell network to connect to the internet wherever they go
c. a specialized app that lets people browse the surrounding area and find areas of interest. From here they can look up restaurant menus, make dinner reservations, look up movie times, purchase tickets or other important events around the city. This app integrates several features together and is meant to help guests plan their itinerary all from one place.
d. access to Amazon's kindle to read electronic books
e. full access to the web to check e-mail
f. privacy protection: no sensitive information is stored on the ipad
g. interactive games and other entertainment features
moCo™ Pickup Process - Hotel Staff
If a guest requests a moCo™ from the front desk the guest should be referred to one of the hotel employees responsible for handling the rental of the units.
1. To rent a moCo™ out to a guest, get a moCo™ unit from the security cart along with a charging cable.
2. Please get a valid credit card from the hotel guest.
3. Upon receiving the credit card, please turn on the ipad by pressing the home button. Unlock the unit by sliding the tab that appears along the bottom of the screen.
4. You will be brought to a home screen. Please tap the folder icon labeled "Landmark" at the bottom of the screen.
5. You will be brought to a screen where you must enter in the hotel guest's room number, the duration of the rental, the guest's name, credit card number, security code, and expiration date.
6. Once the information is entered, tap the button at the bottom of the payment screen and hand the unit back to the guest. The guest will need to read the terms of service and hit the "accept" button, then hand the device back to you.
7. You must wait for the payment to be processed. Once you see the message that the iPad has been successfully rented, you can hand the device and credit card back to the guest. If the payment is not accepted, try reviewing all the credit card information for accuracy, or ask the guest for another card.
moCo™ Drop-off Process - Hotel Staff
To check moCo™ back in, the guest should be referred to one of the hotel employees responsible for handling the rental of the units. An authorized hotel rep will need to examine the unit for damages and functionality.
1. To check a moCo back in, tap the folder icon labeled "Staff Only" on the home screen.
2. In the Staff Only folder, tap the settings icon.
3. Look in the left-hand column, in the Apps section, for the option titled "Landmark" and tap it.
4. One of the settings is titled "Check-in iPad on Next Start" - tap this to change the setting to ON.
5. Press the home button to return to the iPad home screen.
6. Launch the Landmark app by tapping the Landmark app icon at the bottom of the home screen. You should be taken to the Mobile Concierge iPad Rental Check In screen within a few seconds. NOTE: If this screen does not appear, press the home button to return to the home screen and try launching the app again.
7. You will be asked to enter the check-in code for your hotel and the check-in date.
8. Once that information has been entered. tap the Check In button and the moCo™ should be ready for its next rental.